2015年5月15日星期五

DIY Hand Stamped Dog Tags

 I have a dog. Her name is Sydney. I love her. She is one of my family members. I often create and buy some gifts for her. Last 2 weeks, I made a hand stamped dog tags for her.


Supplies:

- Size 5-6mm letter stamps
- Stamping / bench block
- Jewelry hammer
- Masking tape -
- Bone shaped blanks
- Black Sharpie marker
- alcohol and rag (optional)

Instructions:

1. Take your bone shaped blank and use masking tape to stick it to your block and define the line that you want to stamp along.

2. To get the name well centered, start from the middle and work your way left and right from it. If the name has an even number of letters, you’ll have to center the space between the middle two letters of the name.

3. Write the name down on a piece of paper if you need to and make sure you’re actually starting in the middle.

4. To get your stamp on is really easy. And if you’re new I have found that the larger stamps are easier to wield as a newbie. Simply hold the stamp as straight up and down as you can. Slide it until the bottom hits the tape. Give the top of the stamp three good whacks with your hammer. Oh, and be sure you have the letter the correct way up.

5. To get your letters to stand out well, take a black Sharpie and run along the letters. I like using an older marker that’s kind of frayed out because it gets in there really well.

6. Wipe the extra ink off of the tag. Because I can be slow, I have taken to using a cloth with a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol on it to help me get rid of the extra ink. It works like a dream!

7. To finish up I wrote the phone numbers for my parents on the back side and sprayed a sealer on to keep them on. If you only have a single number you can easily stamp the number to the front of the tag as well.

How easy was that? This personalized dog tag is a great gift for your legged friends!

没有评论:

发表评论