2015年5月21日星期四

DIY Desk Organizers

Personalized desk organizer can be made as a teacher’s gift or a gift for a writer friend, housewarming present, or even just to organize an office space. I like diy dek organizer project that might appeal to everyone…..and that can be made by anyone with just a few household tools.


1. I started out with some selections from the wood craft section. You need one basswood carving black for each piece.

2. First I marked my holes at the top of the basswood block.

3. Then you need a boring bit for your household drill.

4. The finished holes took a total of 5 minutes to drill. Use a sanding block to smooth all your edges.

5. I think the easiest way to draw letters is to make a template. I use Powerpoint because I think it’s the fastest way I think because you just add a box the same width as your block and then add text so you can see how it’s going to look. Then hit print! 

6. Put transfer paper underneath the template.….transferring the design to your block. Use black acrylic craft paint to carefully fill in the letters and allow them to dry.

7. To finish the wood pick a wood stain color…..something light that won’t darken the wood too much.

8. Allow the wood to dry and spray with a satin varnish if you prefer.

9. Last additional step: spray the block with chalkboard paint. You can add any messages on this desk organizer.

OK, that's it! Just enjoy this project and have fun!

没有评论:

发表评论