2015年3月25日星期三

DIY Creeper Hoodie

At the first sight of the minecraft creeper on the internet, I was attracted by it. Wow, it was so cool! So I decided to make a Minecraft Creeper Hoodie. Now let me show you how I make this cool hoodie.


Supplies:

- 2 Yards of Green Fleece
- Scraps of Black Fleece
- Freezer paper to trace pattern
- Hoodie that fits Colin well
- Ruler
- Marker

Instructions:

1. I drew out the squares after looking at a picture of the Creeper. I figured out how to make it all to scale. If the eyes are 2" then the top of the mouth is 2" wide at the top and so on. My cutting mat is drawn out in 1" squares.

2. Then I cut out the Creeper's face.

3. Next, I traced around one of Colin's hoodies to make my pattern. When cutting, remember to cut the front, back and sleeves on the fold. Also, remember to cut 4 pieces for the hood (NOT on the fold).

4. Pin the pieces of the Creeper's face to the front of the front piece. Next, zigzag stitch all around each piece.

5. Now, pin the front piece to the back piece with right sides together. Sew the shoulder seam.

6. Now, pin your sleeves according to the picture. The right side of the sleeve to the right side of the bodice. Line up the center of the sleeve with the shoulder seam. Sew the sleeve into the bodice. For me this is the absolute easiest way to put in a sleeve. The easing is so much... easier.

7. I cut my cuff at 5" x 10". Fold in half and press. Pin the rough edges of the cuff to the rough edges of the sleeve. Zigzag stitch in place while gently pulling on the cuff (not the sleeve part). This will give the end of the sleeve a nice shape. Pin up the side and sew the side seam all the way to the end of the cuff.

8. Sewing the hood. It looks much better with 4 pieces sewn into 2 hoods and attached. Here, take 2 hood pieces and sew the top and back. Do the same with your other 2 hood pieces.

9. Now, pin the 2 hood pieces with right sides together. DO NOT sew the bottom edges together!

10. Pin the bottom of the hood to the neck line, with right sides together. Sew the seam. You can see in the pic that I just had a 1 layer hood at that point. I ended up going back with my BFF, the seam ripper, and ripping the hood out.

11. Last step!!! To finished out the bottom I cut a strip of fleece 5" by 40". Fold it over and press. Pin the rough edges to the bottom of the hoodie. Sew the seam!

All done! What a personalized hoodie! So cool!

没有评论:

发表评论