2017年4月4日星期二

DIY Bookmarks

Reading is interesting but sometimes, you may be tired of it. However, if you have a unique bookmark, you may fall in love with the book once again. What's more, this diy project doesn't cost much at all and it is really wonderful to do it by
yourself!



Materials:


  • Scraps of card 



  • Scrap office paper 



  • Images from Google (printed on normal office paper) 


  • Scrap patterned / scrapbook paper 


  • PVA/water mix (home-made Mod Podge!) 


  • Hot glue gun 


  • Enamel varnish 


  • Bits or ribbon, cord etc. 


  • Beads Jump rings, head pins and ribbon clampy things 


Steps:

First, I started by selecting some of my favorite books and I found the bookcovers' images from Google.

Second, I sized them using Microsoft Publisher to 3cm x 2cm and printed them out. Some were the complete layout with the spine and back, but most were just the front cover so I "faked" back covers using the patterned paper, trying to make it match as best as possible.

Third, I experimented with different types of card for the actual covers and glued the front and back pieces on - ensuring I left a couple of millimetres for a spine. To make some of the books to have a well read feel so I "dyed" the scrap office paper with some well brewed tea and left it to dry. I then chopped some stacks of pages from this to fit each book.

Next, the hook coming out of the books is made from head pins used in beading just because I had loads of these. You could easily use small pieces of wire. I hot glued these into the spine of each book, and then used the PVA/water mix to glue the pages in. You could use a pile of books, tins, your fingersa to help with the drying process.

Then, when dry, I sprayed them with several coats of enamel varnish. I went for a matt finish but they could be glossed also.

Finally, whilst waiting for them to dry, I gathered my ribbons, cord and beads and experimented. I am not a jewellery maker and I was teaching myself how to attach them all together.

If you are interesting, just have a try! I hope you can possess your personalized bookmarks

没有评论:

发表评论