2017年2月9日星期四

Valentine's Scrabble Tile Coasters

Today I would like to teach you how to make the scrabble title coaster for Valentine's gift! Let's start this project:


1. I grabbed out the Dark Walnut stain marker and quickly "colored" the coasters.
2. Best of all, the stain markers take no time at all to dry, so I was immediately able to give each square a really quick coat of sealer. I used the Americana DuraClear satin varnish sealer from Michaels that I often use on painting projects. Since I was trying to make this project as quick as possible, I just squeezed a bit of sealer directly onto the square of wood and used a small paintbrush to spread it around.

3. The final step is adding the letters and numbers. I wasn't about to paint them on since I wanted to get this project done while the kids were still eating breakfast. Instead, I used some black Expressions vinyl, and I used my Cricut to quickly cut the letters. This particular vinyl is outdoor rated, so I knew it could withstand a little moisture on the coasters.

4. It only took me a minute or two to type in the four letters and four numbers and hit the cut button. And since the sealer I used dries very quickly, by the time the letters were cut, the coasters were dry and ready.

That's it! Give this personalized gift for your special someone.

没有评论:

发表评论