2016年11月18日星期五

Thanksgiving Turkey Pillow Case

There are two parts to this tutorial.

I had an old sweater that I knew would make a cute pillow case.


So, I cut it up to form two squares (one for the front, one for the back of the pillow case).

I took the front piece and added the turkeys!

To do this, I traced my Nephew' hand onto regular paper, cut them out, and re-traced it onto the felt.

Anyhow, I then cut out the turkey bodies, making each one a little smaller than the previous. I wanted them to be a little more proportional to the hand/feathers.

I then added some legs and a beak to each turkey. For the legs, I made them long enough to tuck up under the turkey. This is so they would be stitched over when I sewed the turkey body on.

Then, I laid them out on the front part of the sweater.

I only sewed on the turkey body and beak using a zig-zag stitch.

This left the hand/feathers and feet of the turkey attached, but still able to have a 3-D look.

This unique pillow case turned out pretty cute!

没有评论:

发表评论