2016年4月20日星期三

DIY Necklace for MOM

Believe it or not, Mother's Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking about gift ideas for your moms. Custom jewelry is a good gift. Here is how I make the custom necklace:


One of the items in my goody box was something called “Podgeable Shapes,” a collection of 18 ovals, circles, squares, and rectangles just waiting to be Mod Podged!

I couldn’t resist playing with them, so I glanced around my craft room for something to make a necklace out of. I recently got orders for four of my Dictionary pendants, three of which used the word “mother”. I had an extra print-out of the definition, and much to my delight, it fit perfectly with the podgeable square! I trimmed it to the right size, put some glossy Mod Podge on the back of the square, then stuck the definition to it. Then, I coated the back with two coats of Mod Podge to seal the deal.

Once it was dry, I added a jump ring, as well as a little heart charm and a tiny crystal to represent LC’s birthstone. The ones without holes could be done in the same way, just adding a bail to them instead of a jump ring.

Love the way it turns out?

没有评论:

发表评论